Tuesday 17 May 2016

5-Minutes Apricot And Mozzarella Salad


Hi! I'm now working from Wordpress. I've spent a great deal of time editing and reorganising this post on Wordpress and it is so much friendlier to read & follow my recipe from there. Click on this link to take you directly to the recipe:
Link to my newest and old recipes, click:

This is the speediest salad you could put on the table with no dressing to make.
The best tasting apricot I have ever eaten was many years ago. I was sitting in the front seat of the rental car and in my lap was a bag of tree ripened apricots. Having pre-warned my travelling partner not to drive off as yet, I proceeded to stuff my face with the apricots. Yes, yes, I did share a few bites of it. 

It was good that I had the foresight to tell my partner not to touch the gear shift while I tried the apricots. That meant I could pop back into the store for more apricots. I plan carefully when it comes to good eating. 

Now a days, the apricots in stores need a bit help to enhance its flavour. Quite simple. Just dip them in caster or superfine sugar and they will be quite wonderful to eat. Not as good as tree ripened ones but they will do.
5-MINUTES APRICOT AND MOZZARELLA SALAD          
Prep:
5 minutes
Cook:
-
Inactive:
-
Level:
Very easy
Serves:
3 - 4
Oven Temperature:
-
Can recipe be doubled?
Yes
Make ahead?
No


Just the ingredients
4 balls of mozzarella OR burrata
~ 6 - 8 apricots
~ 3 Tablespoons caster/super fine sugar
~ a few springs of mint 
~ 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
pepper and salt to taste
Ingredients

4 balls of mozzarella OR burrata
Burrata looks like mozzarella but they are not. They are twice better because of the curds and cream that has been added into those little balls. Hence, they are that much more costly.

~ 6 - 8 apricots

~ 3 Tablespoons caster/super fine sugar

~ a few springs of mint 
What to do with any leftover mint? Scroll down to 'Tips' for suggestions.

~ 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

pepper and salt to taste

Method

Break the mozzarella or burrata balls into small pieces and dot it around your serving platter.

Cut the apricots in half along the seam line. You can't slice through the fruit as there is a seed inside. Slice around the seed by rotating the fruit. Then, put the knife down and twist the fruit apart.

Dip the cut surface of the apricot into the caster sugar and place them cut side up amongst the mozzarella/burrata. Repeat wit the rest of the apricots.
Tear off some mint leaves and scatter them over the apricots and cheese.

Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper.

Serve quickly with some good bread.

Tips

What to do with any leftover mint?

Mint, Lime and Lemongrass Infused Cooler
I believe my dog approves of this drink too.
Mint Chutney, Mint Dip.  
Really good with tortilla chips amongst other things.
WHAT'S COMING UP NEXT?                                            
To go with the sweet apricots and creamy mozzarella, try this salty savoury focaccia which is rather different from the usual. It is baked with boiled cubes of potatoes, olives and fresh sage.






No comments:

Post a Comment