Tuesday 7 July 2015

Greek Meze, Another Selection Of Wonderful Little Bites


Hi! I'm now working from Wordpress. I've spent a great deal of time editing and reorganising this post on Wordpress and it is so much friendlier to read & follow my recipe from there. Click on this link to take you directly there:
Greek Meze, Another Selection Of Wonderful Little Bites
Link to my newest and old recipes, click:

I like to sit down to a table covered with plate after plate of food served meze style. I was very much a happy camper in Greece. What a vacation. The spread of Greek meze was a feast for my eyes, a delight to my taste buds and total disaster to my waistline.  
My next series of recipe posts, could not be on anything else but a spread of Greek meze inspired by meals in Santorini, Mykonos and Athens. I brought home a luggage filled with Greek produce which I intend to cook with and eat through. In fact, I kicked it off with a meze-only party over the weekend. If only I had remembered to bring back a bottle of ouzo otherwise my table of Greek inspired meze would be quite complete! Scroll down to 'What's Coming Up Next?' for details on the meze above.

Last October, I had done a similar feature on meze. Those meze were inspired by the regional cuisines of North Africa, the Mediterranean and the Middle East, that post is filed under, Meze, A Selection Of Wonderful Little Bites. The recipes for my meze are often easy and can be made ahead. Great if you are planning to feed many people at your next dinner.
My family acknowledges that none of them can beat my skill at luggage packing. If I want it bad enough and if it is legal to bring it up the plane and home, I can pack it in. 
That's just the food I brought home.
I also bought some very fine glass carafes and dainty coffee

cups with matching glass saucers. The bottles of
Greek wine I carried back aren't featured above either. They 
are chilling in the wine chiller for my next party.
I have carted home, fine glassware - thin hand blown carafes, cruets, jugs, glasses, cups, saucers, etcetera.  It all comes home with me intact. Nothing has ever broken. Bottles of oils, vinegars, preserves, wine, etcetera? No problem. Cheeses brought home over long haul flights? Do that too. Cooked food? Fine for short haul flight. 

If you are as fanatical about food, cookware, glassware, kitchenware as I am, good and creative packing is a necessary skill. Perhaps, I should do a separate post, 'Travel packing - making sure your china and food reaches you in the same condition as when you pack them'. I agree, I definitely need to work on a savvier title. 
WHAT'S COMING UP NEXT?                                                 
My Greek inspired meze!

No comments:

Post a Comment